Regional Sales Representative - Georgia/Carolinas Ag 1 Source is looking for a Sales Representative to work with retailers and distribution partners in Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and potentially Virginia, for a rapidly expanding, biotech products organization. This role will grow sales by helping retail agronomy organizations, crop consultants, farm managers, and growers learn how an improved soil microbiome will enhance plant vigor and yield under stressed conditions, and help growers transition to regenerative practices.
What's in it for you:
• The opportunity to join a rapidly expanding, U.S. based, biological manufacturer as they become established in the market.
• Be part of an exciting and sustainable sector of crop inputs that is continuing to grow in demand and opportunity.
• The ability to bring a proven product, with impressive returns to the grower, into the region.
• An organization that will have considerable career growth and advancement opportunities in sales management, marketing, product management, and technical agronomy.
• Use your experience and creativity to establish your plans and accomplish your goals.
• The ability to travel and work from a home-based office.
What you will be doing:
• Identify and develop product channels to achieve sales revenue goals.
• Cultivate relationships with key retailers and producers for product sales.
• Work with field sales agronomists to engage with strategic demonstration farms to setup test plots and judge conditions for demonstrating product efficacy.
• Work directly with internal technical resources in the development of products, product testing, data translation, and collateral materials to align product offerings and sales goals.
• One will be partnering with a variety of clients including, major ag retail companies, as well as technical agronomists in the area, and crop consultants.
• Provide reliable estimates and forecasts of future sales for company projections.
• Solicit, evaluate, and advocate for customer product and feature requests to improve offerings
A successful candidate for this Regional Sales Representative role will possess the following:
• Bachelor"s degree or above in an agriculture related field.
• 10 years of working experience in agriculture sales, marketing, and business development in specialty crops or row crops is a MUST, no exceptions.
• Hold strong, crop specific, knowledge in corn and soybeans and other row crops in the area (cotton, peanuts, etc), as well as familiarity with the market. Agronomic knowledge of other crops grown in the region would be an asset.
• Excellent relationship management experience with retail organizations in the region, with a good understanding of their businesses and goals.
• A history of working seamlessly with marketing, manufacturing, finance, and other counterparts to establish and implement strategies and initiatives.
• Successful track record of creating marketing strategies and programs to generate success for retail customers.
• The ability to travel 50% of the time.
Compensation: The salary range for this role will depend on the candidate"s qualifications with a maximum base salary of $140,000 in addition to a bonus plan that can earn an additional 30%.
Benefits: The company offers a very competitive benefits plan.
Desired Location: The ideal location for the Sales Representative role is anywhere in the heavy crop growing regions of North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and potentially Virginia.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Regional Sales Representative job.