Regional Business Development Specialist
Our client, a very strong privately held family company with industry leading products, is seeking a full-time Regional Business Development Specialist. This position will be responsible for sales of livestock products throughout the northeast region of the U.S. Sales are driven through large direct accounts, dealers, and distribution wholesale channels. This is a fantastic opportunity for a "hunter type" - driven, competitive and professional sales associate who enjoys the entrepreneurial spirit and lifestyle. You will set your own schedule and travel throughout the region, with a primary focus on the the dairy calf and specialty products sectors. This is a salaried position with a uncapped commission program and benefits included. A highly qualified candidate will have a deep understanding of the dairy calf nutrition and production management industry; solid overall dairy nutrition background, have strong interpersonal skills; have a relentless driver-type personality; good attention to detail; be self-motivated and have exceptional organization and time-management practices. The candidate must also possess a strong competitive spirit and be able to manage sales and marketing activities independently from management. Strong network and industry relationships are an absolute key to the success of this business. First year guaranty for commission/bonus could be available for an exceptional candidate. Key Responsibility Areas:
This is a NEW Business Development role, and will be responsible for the overall development, growth and management of the entire sales and marketing expansion, through direct, dealer and wholesale distribution programs, specifically related to the livestock products portfolio, with a focus on strategic efforts within the dairy segment. This role requires the person to manage large direct accounts, large dealer networks, and large national wholesale accounts as well as smaller retail level accounts. The objective of this role is for the person to be a national level sales and business manager with an eventual team of sales people, strategically located across the region, reporting to this individual. Duties and Responsibilities:
• Achieve targeted sales volume and margin growth goals by successfully developing and managing the three fold approach to the market space of: 1.) Direct large end user sales 2.) Dealer network sales 3.) Distribution channel partner program.
• Develop, maintain and execute a regional business plan that expands companys customer base at projected sales levels at or above budget.
• Develop and implement new sales strategies and programs to capture key markets and demographics.
• Identify and screen potential dealer opportunity and wholesale distribution channel partners and develop sales programs for gaining new sales of all product through these avenues.
• Present sales and marketing programs for products to encourage distributor buy-in, product trial and sales.
• Provide sales and marketing training and support to dealers and distributors to help meet sales goals and objectives.
• Identify growth opportunities in the distribution network, warehousing, potential manufacturing, etc. which will improve efficiency, product value and company profitability.
• Develop a strong relationship with key academic and allied industry contacts to promote education and understanding of the company and products.
• Present sales, revenue and expense reports weekly, and realistic forecasts to the management team.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
Job Keywords: Feed, forages, nutrition, feed additives, hay, silage, cattle, dairy, feedlots, stockers, calves, heifers, steers, sales, milk replacers, top dress, business development, hunter, Northeast US, Dealers, Distribution Channel Partners, biotechnology jobs, agriculture careers, agricultural jobs, ag, agriculture, ag1source, jobs, NY, PA, OH, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Regional Business Development Specialist job.