Proprietary Products Manager - NC
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Proprietary Products Manager for a stable and well respected organization. This company is rock solid with a need to continue to grow their proprietary business. While having someone with the experience as a Proprietary Products Manager would be great, this is more than likely going to be someone who has had great success in their sales career who knows how to promote and sell these products, and comes with a track record of doing so. This is NOT a role for someone with just a year or two of sales experience. We need someone who understands how the return on investment and margins on these products is instrumental in the continued growth of a company.
This Proprietary Product Manager is a role that can be worked from one"s home office with a preferred location in Eastern North Carolina. Raleigh East, Central Eastern is best just for proximity, but Eastern North Carolina, NC, in general would be considered. What"s in it for you:
• The opportunity to move your career from a salesman to managing a set of products.
• The ability to work from home, travel across this area and set your own schedule.
• Be a part of an organization where your input matters. You are not just a number or an extension in the phone registry, you will be a part of the team helping to continue to grow and lead this organization.
• Work for a company with a long, successful and solid reputation in the industry. What you will be doing:
• Managing the current portfolio of proprietary products
• Assess the market looking for other potential products to add to the proprietary portfolio, including but not limited to adjuvants, foliar nutritionals, starter fertilizers and nitrogen stabilizers.
• Develop marketing plans and marketing material to aid the salesmen to better sell these products
• Train the sales team of these products, participate in meetings and other tools and opportunities to help better understand placement of these products in the marketplace
• Responsible for growing the overall sales of the proprietary product portfolio, established as well as new products. A successful candidate will possess the following:
• Success in selling proprietary products
• Strong understanding in how these products fit into customer"s operations and the ability to see the niche areas where these can be so beneficial to both the farmer and the company
• Bachelor"s degree or minimum of 8 years of sales experience
• Strong communication skills
• Desire to help others learn how to sell proprietary products, ability to teach and persuade
• Marketing experience in understanding marketing programs and how to build them so they are easy to sell and present
Compensation: This role will depend upon experience, but targeted base salary $65-$90K with $70-$80K really being their sweet spot.
Benefits: All the typical benefits one might expect in this role, vehicle allowance, insurance, 401K, phone, etc.
Desired Location: As mentioned above, Eastern North Carolina, Raleigh East. If there is a perfect spot, it would be around Greenville, NC, anywhere Central Eastern NC would be doable as this will travel and work from home.
This search is being worked by Rhonda Caughlin Werner, our Executive Agronomy Recruiter for the South Eastern US with over 11 years in recruiting at Ag 1 Source. Learn more about Rhonda HERE.
If you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Proprietary Products Manager job.