Precision Agronomy Account Manager
Ag 1 Source is looking for a precision specialist to lead the sales of a leading retailer"s precision and data management program with area growers. The account manager will sign up customers for the program, and service the accounts by collecting and interpreting their data to assist them in increasing production, enhance their stewardship, and maximize their overall profitability.
What's in it for you:
• The ability to grow your experience in technology and precision ag services.
• The opportunity to advance your career with a successful organization.
• A great role that can shift your retail agronomy focus from multiple products and services to one successful program.
What you will be doing:
• Work with sales agronomists and precision ag technicians to identify current customers that would potentially fit the requirements of the program.
• Perform "cold calls" with non-current customers to find additional growers who would be interested in the precision and data programs.
• Become proficient with the organization's proprietary tools, additional precision software, and agronomy record keeping methods.
• Create and analyze data related to fertility, crop yield, soil types, crop varieties, drainage, and other precision data.
• Collect agronomic data from crop producers pertaining to the organizations research programs.
• Download electronic data recorded with agricultural equipment monitors and other systems.
• Conduct one-on-one grower meetings at least 3 times per year to analyze the grower's agronomic practices.
• Maintain frequent customer contact throughout the year using in-person visits, phone, email, text, and electronic newsletters/bulletins.
• Assist in planning for, set up of, and presenting at seasonal grower meetings where data and reports and tools are discussed.
A successful candidate for this Account Manager will possess the following:
• A basic background in agronomy with the ability to provide input recommendations.
• Working knowledge of personal computers, and software tools.
• A desire to work in a team-based environment.
• A willingness to coordinate and lead multiple grower meetings throughout the year.
Compensation: This role will have a base salary of $60,000-$70,000 with the potential to earn bonuses for personal effort, department success, and company profitability.
Benefits: Full health and retirement benefits are included in this role.
Desired Location: The Account Manager will be located in Northwest Iowa.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Precision Agronomy Account Manager job.