Precision Ag Leader - NC
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Precision Ag Leader for a stable and well respected organization. This company is rock solid with a need to continue to grow their precision technology business. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about precision ag, data, technology, hardware and software, and loves working with farmers. You will show farmers how these tools can help them be more profitable. In this position, you will build on successful groundwork that has been laid by a great individual who you will be working directly with.
This is not a role for a recent grad. We need someone with a minimum of 4 years of experience in some type of precision ag role with a strong agronomy understanding. The successful applicant must have the desire to really help motivate salesmen and help them understand how to best sell the precision ag services.
The Precision Ag Leader can work from your home office with a preferred location in Eastern North Carolina. Raleigh East or Central Eastern is best just for proximity, but Eastern North Carolina in general would be considered.
What"s in it for you:
• The opportunity to move your career to the next level by being a part of the growing precision ag program for this organization.
• The ability to work from home, travel across this area and set your own schedule.
• Be a part of an organization where your input matters. You are not just a number or an extension in the phone registry. You will be a part of the team helping grow this organization.
• Work for a company with a long, successful and solid reputation in the industry.
What you will be doing:
• Access and collect all relevant data including yield maps, as applied maps, etc. with a proprietary software program.
• Process and analyze relevant on-farm data.
• Provide excellent customer service to growers.
• Answer grower inquiries and provide troubleshooting advice to growers as needed.
• Understand how to read soil test data.
• Ability to write RX prescriptions.
• Ability to work with others. You will be the go-to expert on precision ag services and help them sell and service the program.
• Traveling across Eastern North Carolina.
A successful candidate will possess the following:
• 4 years or more in selling and servicing precision ag programs.
• Very strong computer and overall technology skills.
• Bachelor"s degree or suitable experience required.
• Passion to work with farmers and help them determine what technology products will be best for their operation.
• Solid work ethic and ability to be self-motivated.
Compensation: Compensation will depend upon experience, but the targeted base salary is in the $50K-$75K range with $55K-$65K really being their sweet spot.
Benefits: The company will provide all of the typical benefits one might expect in this role such as, vehicle allowance, insurance, 401K, phone, etc.
Desired Location: The Precision Ag Leader can work from your home office with a preferred location in Eastern North Carolina. Raleigh East or Central Eastern is best just for proximity, but Eastern North Carolina in general would be considered. If there is a perfect spot, it would be around Greenville, NC, anywhere Central Eastern NC would be doable as you will travel and work from home.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Precision Ag Manager job.