Ag 1 Source is looking for a Plant Breeder to head a U.S. program, but have collaboration with a small global team in South America. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to take control of an entire program from start to finish! We are looking for someone who may be with one of the larger organizations who wants to join a smaller company and have ownership of the project. Whats in it for you:
• Small company with lots of room for developing your own program
• Ownership from start to finish
• Great company culture!
• Great Benefits What you will be doing:
• Plant Breeding!
• Quantitative and statistical analysis A successful candidate for this Plant Breeder position will possess the following:
• PhD or will consider a MS degree with good experience
• Would prefer someone with onion, carrot, sweet corn, peppers, cucurbits, etc. Must have cross pollinated crop experience.
• 10 years experience would be ideal but would consider less for the right experience.
• Programming in R or SAS - or familiarity with quantitative genomics or statistical data programming.
• Gene jocky! How can you translate data and manipulate it all!
Compensation: Salary will be competitive for the role and the experience.
Benefits: This company offers great benefits including potential reduced college tuition for family members.
Desired Location: This job is located in Indiana.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred, and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Plant Breeder job.