Fertilizer Plant Manager
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Fertilizer Plant Manager to run a brand new fertilizer plant that is being built right now in Southern Alabama. This is an expansion of a well established and growing business down in Southern Alabama and they need an experienced individual to come in and head up this facility for them. This particular location is JUST fertilizer, you will not be managing a full line ag retail business, just heading up all of their fertilizer activity.
What's in it for you:
• Living in a great part of the state that gives you easy access to many sporting activities, plenty of shopping, rural life with access to everything.
• You"ll be heading up this location. It"s new, so equipment will be new and you will not be trying to limp along with old equipment.
• A great customer base is already established. They just need a well seasoned individual familiar with fertilizer and ag retail to work with the management team to run this facility.
What you will be doing:
• Overseeing dry fertilizer with the goal to add liquid at a later date.
• Dispatching trucks.
• Managing loading, blending, etc
• Overall management of employees at that facility
• Oversee upkeep and mechanical needs of equipment
A successful candidate for the Fertilizer Plant Manager will possess the following:
• People management experience
• Knowledge of and experience working in ag retail or fertilizer
• Overall solid ag background
• Mechanical aptitude
Compensation: Compensation will depend on experience, but the company is targeting a base of $50-$70K with further incentives available.
Benefits: This position provides all standard benefits.
Desired Location: The Fertilizer Plant Manager must be based in Southwest Alabama. More specific details will be given once interest and experience is established.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Fertilizer Plant Manager job.