Ag 1 Source is looking for a Feedyard Manager for a privately owned cattle feeding organization that is growing in the industry.
What's in it for you:
• You will have the opportunity to join one of the best teams in the cattle industry.
• You will get to continue to grow and develop in your career.
• There is an excellent benefits package and competitive compensation.
• A vehicle is available for work use.
• You will get to work at a state-of-the-art facility.
What you will be doing:
• Working closely with senior leadership to set direction and priorities of operations which includes objectives around: consultants, pen maintenance, animal health, cattle placement, ration formulation, budgeting and yard visits.
• Develop ration formulation and pricing with assistance of the consulting nutritionist.
• Work with management and consultants to ensure that recommendations are implemented.
• Work with the human resource director to ensure all safety and employee initiatives are implemented.
• Communication with cattle procurement on placement of cattle based on feedlot capacity and projected demand for cattle by out date.
• Regular review with managers on key cattle performance indicators; dry matter intake, average daily gain, conversions, maximizing grid, medicine costs, out of programs, morbidity rate, mortality rate; and action items to improve those key indicators.
• Assist in the development of annual operating and capital budgets at each location.
A successful candidate for the Feedyard Manager will possess the following:
• Cattle feedlot operations experience with increasing responsibility.
• Excellent communication and leadership skills.
• Proven results in the feedlot industry.
• Proficiency with numbers and analyzing data
• Self-motivated with strong work ethic
Compensation: Compensation for this role is in the $120K-150K range.
Benefits: This employer offers excellent benefits and a profit-sharing plan.
Desired Location: The Feedyard Manager role is located in Oregon.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Livestock Manager job.