Feedyard Head Doctor
Elite cattle feeding organization looking to hire Assistant Manager for private feedyard. Must have degree in Ag and 3 years feedlot experience.
Skills and Responsibilities:
• Manages 2-3 subordinate.. Shares responsibility in overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these individuals. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization"s policies and applicable laws.
• Communicates with management team by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities. Provides a positive leadership example to subordinates by modeling professional behavior.
• Serves as a resource to management team on employee issues and safety matters.
• Coordinates all wellness and health programs for cattle.
• Sets a positive example for employees by modeling safe work practices and following safety rules and policies. Communicates critical safety information to employees by conducting regular safety training; monitors workplace for unsafe/noncompliant behavior.
• Monitors operational activities to assure adherence to applicable State and Federal laws, Company policies and Company standards through open communications with management team.
• Supervisory experience.
• Knowledge of basic animal health protocols and medicines.
• Knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; and Database software.
• Valid drivers license.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Job Keywords: biotechnology jobs, agriculture careers, biotechnology careers, ag careers, ag jobs, agricultural jobs, ag, agriculture, farm, farming, ag1source, jobs, career, position, recruiting, recruiter
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Feedyard Head Doctor job.