Feed Department Manager - Oklahoma
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Feed Department Manager. Our client is a leading cattle feeding company that is looking for the right person to manage the Feeding Department. This position will be responsible for delivering feed, reading bunks, and making feed calls in a timely and efficient manner. If you are motivated to learn and willing to challenge yourself this position will be a gateway to bigger opportunities.
What's in it for you:
• This is a large feedyard setting where you will work with a large, diverse team of cattle feeding professionals
• Ability to be part of a leadership team and the ability to make a difference
• Opportunity for career advancement in a solid industry
What you will be doing:
• Monitoring cattle intake
• Monitoring feed bunks and assessing feed distribution
• Make sure that newly received cattle are fed timely and accurately
• Minimize truck downtime and adhere to maintenance protocols
• Maintain accurate cattle feeding records
• Participate in the development of department budgets
• Manage department supplies, inventory by researching costs, designing inventory systems, determining inventory levels, anticipating needed supplies and approving orders
• Adhere to all safety rules and regulations
A successful candidate for this Feed Department Manager will possess the following:
• 3-5 years working in the feedlot industry or similar experiences
• Strong desire to good at your job
• Self starter with good moral compass
• Ability to work with people in a team atmosphere
Benefits: A comprehensive benefits package is available and a solid company are just a few things this position will provide.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Feed Department Manager job.