Farm General Manager
We are looking for a General Manager to oversee the business operations of a successful specialty farm in North Dakota. Do you want to run a very progressive and successful farm? This is a unique and exciting role!
You will oversee employees; manage the business including procurement, budgeting, and expenses; and you will work closely with management with proposals for additional resources and capital investment.
What's in it for you:
• The opportunity to run a well funded, profitable, specialty-crop farm.
• Manage the business aspect including capital purchasing, budgets, and P&L.
• Oversee an operations management team and provide direction.
• Diverse advancement opportunity as this farm is just a part of the owner"s business interests.
What you will be doing:
• Oversee all aspects of a 1,000 acre, specialty-crop farm.
• Supervise a team of employees which includes a shop manager, agronomist, and operations manager, while providing oversight to their roles.
• Manage farm business decisions, budgeting, and expense management with P&L responsibility.
• Provide proposals to ownership about needed resources and equipment that will increase profitability.
• Oversee farm operations, input procurement, and equipment purchasing.
A successful candidate for this Farm General Manager will possess the following:
• Farming background.
• Demonstrated ability to run a profitable business or agronomy location.
• Experience with procurement, expense management & P&L.
• People management experience.
Compensation: Compensation for this role is in the $100K range.
Benefits: The employer offers good benefits.
Desired Location: The Farm General Manager will be located in the Jamestown or Bismarck, North Dakota areas.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Farm General Manager job.