Director of Seed Solutions
Ag 1 Source is looking for a proven leader to focus on developing seed-to-product supply chain programs (varieties, traits, customer uses, etc.) with new and existing food industry customers while managing access to genetics with seed manufactures and retailers. The successful candidate will employ a consultative approach to sales and must have superior interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
What's in it for you:
• Ability to assist in the creation of a globally recognized and industry leading product portfolio.
• Be recognized as an industry leader and market expert in the seed and food sector.
• Leverage your seed industry success to challenge the status quo of food ingredients production and expand the footprint of this successful organization.
• Opportunity to participate in seed industry functions and events throughout North America.
What you will be doing:
• Determine and manage seed access business models with initial focus on corn and soy markets.
• Negotiate, secure and manage access to seed genetics with 3rd party providers.
• Manage seed demand forecasting and production planning.
• Obtain and disseminate quality data from genetics providers and educate the farm management team and food sales team on seed attributes.
• Enable the value-added food sales team by securing IP supply chain solutions for corn and soy markets with CPG targets.
• Work closely with the customer management team to assist in seed sales.
• Position traceability, transparency and organic integrity of the organization"s supply network with customers and prospects.
• Maximize the ability to deliver food ingredient solutions by linking needs, benefits and value-added offerings apart from competitors.
• Develop and engage a network of contacts across the organic and specialty food ingredient industry to identify opportunities, gain access and win business.
A successful candidate for the Director of Seed Sales Solutions will possess the following:
• 10 years of seed product management and development experience.
• Proven experience in developing effective programs.
• A track record of successful business development and a consultative sales approach.
• Prior organic and specialty grain experience is desired, but not required.
Compensation and Benefits: This is a highly regarded organization, with significant potential for personal growth and career advancement beyond this great opportunity. Along with a very competitive salary, the position includes an incentive program, expense account, and additional perks and benefits for applicants.
Desired Location: The Director of Seed Sales position is ideally located in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota, but can be done successfully from anywhere in the region.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Director of Seed Sales Solutions job.