Director of Seed Research and Product Portfolio
A well-recognized and leading Midwest seed company is seeking a Director of Seed Research and Product Portfolio to continue their growth, and enable the future success of the organization, by driving the organization"s research and portfolio development activities.
What's in it for you:
• The opportunity to oversee the product selection and seed portfolio of a company.
• Be a leader in the company where your voice will be heard.
• Impact the sales team by sharing your knowledge of hybrids/varieties to help them properly place and sell varieties.
What you will be doing:
• Working with genetic suppliers, review and select new products.
• Oversee research plots and collect new product for evaluation day.
• Oversee short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and plan needed production.
• Introduce and present new product information and positioning to sales team.
A successful candidate for this Director of Seed Research and Product Portfolio position will possess the following:
• Have a background in seed research and plot evaluation.
• Understanding and experience working with seed genetic suppliers.
• Ability to present information and train sales teams with product knowledge.
Compensation: Compensation for this role will be competitive and based upon experience.
Benefits: This is a full-time position with full benefits.
Desired Location: This is a remote position, but close proximity to Western Minnesota and Eastern South Dakota is preferred.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Director of Seed Research and Product Portfolio job.