Director of Grain Merchandising
My client, a major grain industry company located in the U.S. Midwest is looking for a Director of Grain Merchandising.
This person will be directly responsible for leading the companys significantly large grain merchandising activities. What are we looking for in this person?
• Demonstrated successful experience in overseeing the merchandising margins and activities of the corn, beans, sorghum and wheat decks.
• Proven leadership skills to continue the professional development of the existing merchandising staff.
• Significant experience in evaluating and managing grain price risk in a large trade area with differing market scenarios.
• Clear ability to successfully plan and forecast grain volume activity and grain margins throughout the trade area.
• Ability to take off the blinders and lead the companys successful grain marketing function in this rapidly changing grain merchandising environment. Why would a great Merchandising Manager even look at this job?
• The company is a key mid-market participant in the U.S. grain industry. Volume is significant. (This is NOT one of the major grain companies who are currently looking to downsize and restructure.)
• Job security at this company is good as it has a solid balance sheet and earnings history.
• The solid management team, of which you will be a major part of, is actively responding to the changes occurring in the grain industry.
• Career advancement opportunity is excellent here.
• Compensation and benefits are very good.
• If you are looking to show what you can do as a grain industry merchandising leader, this is where you can prove yourself every day.
Job Keywords: Director of Grain Merchandising, merchandising, merchandiser, grain trader, grain price risk, hedging, spreads, arbitrage, rail freight, leadership
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Director of Grain Merchandising job.