Director of Commodity Trading
A successful, growth-oriented, private, hay and grain trading company is looking to expand its sales force. This person will be responsible for procuring and selling ag commodities such as hay, DDGs, cottonseed, beet pulp, oils, and more.
What"s in it for you?
• The company culture is respectful and professional. You will likely enjoy the people a lot.
• For many people, this job would be a "career destination" job.
• Compensation and benefits are solid.
• With the rapid changes occurring in the ag industry, this will be an interesting job every day.
• The company has a family friendly work culture.
What we're looking for:
• Proven track record building relationships with customers.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work with commodity suppliers.
• Clear desire to work cross-functionally with other teams in the company.
• Ability to keep all commodity purchase and sales contracts in an accurate and up to date manner.
• Excellent communication skills.
What will the Director of Commodity Trading be doing?
• Managing commodity price risk for purchases and commodity sales.
• Working with local and regional suppliers to purchase commodities.
• Building relationships with local dairy and livestock customers to gain their trust and earn their business.
Compensation: Compensation for this position is in the $175K to $225K range.
Benefits: The company offers a standard, solid benefit program.
Desired Location: The Director of Commodity Trading position is located in the Texas panhandle
If you are looking for an employer that is clearly playing a "heads up" game in this crazy ag business environment, take a look at this opportunity.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Director of Commodity Trading job.