Dairy Manager - Consultant
To support all dairy operations & locations by providing consultation, input and support to the teams. The Dairy Manager"s general focus will be on the team, animal health, wellness, and production.
Top Duties and Responsibilities
• Optimize and improve all dairy locations to meet their greatest potential by providing input and building relationships with facility managers.
• Support all team members success at each of the dairy facilities.
• Ensure that all dairy production facilities are working to the best potential.
• Provide leadership, guidance, direction, and operate to embody ideal company values and culture
Detailed Look - Duties and Responsibilities
• Evaluate the performance of production, health, breeding, feeding and team by interpreting data and metrics
• Identify and address opportunities for the dairy operations
• Identify special projects within the dairy and complete tasks associated
• Implement new technology and practices to advance the dairy's performance
• Monitor SOPs/protocols and ensure that they are implemented - Revise and update as needed
• Generate reports and communicate to the team and other leadership members the dairy's current performance
• Strive for the best animal care and people care to ensure safety, happiness, and success
• Conduct regular visits to each site to engage with the people and operations
• Establish beneficial relationships with vets, nutritionists and other consultants/vendors
• Work to understand each role in the dairy to provide support and understand processes, procedures, and areas for improvement
• Attend training opportunities to learn more and help advance the dairy
• Create an environment that promotes servant leadership, positive morale, and great performance
• Build alliances and partnerships throughout the organization
• Provide mentoring and guidance to team members to help address opportunities
Job Keywords: Dairy, cattle, cows, heifers, calves, production, management, problem solving, solutions, records, analysis, reproduction, nutrition, genetics, parlors, milk, milk flow, consulting
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Dairy Manager - Consultant job.