Dairy Manager - Consultant Job Purpose:
To support all dairy operations locations by providing consultation, input and support to the teams. The Dairy Manager"s general focus will be on the team, animal health, wellness, and production. Top Duties and Responsibilities
• Optimize and improve all dairy locations to meet their greatest potential by providing input and building relationships with facility managers.
• Support all team members success at each of the dairy facilities.
• Ensure that all dairy production facilities are working to the best potential.
• Provide leadership, guidance, direction, and operate to embody ideal company values and culture Detailed Look - Duties and Responsibilities
• Evaluate the performance of production, health, breeding, feeding and team by interpreting data and metrics
• Identify and address opportunities for the dairy operations
• Identify special projects within the dairy and complete tasks associated
• Implement new technology and practices to advance the dairys performance
• Monitor SOPs/protocols and ensure that they are implemented - Revise and update as needed
• Generate reports and communicate to the team and other leadership members the dairys current performance
• Strive for the best animal care and people care to ensure safety, happiness, and success
• Conduct regular visits to each site to engage with the people and operations
• Establish beneficial relationships with vets, nutritionists and other consultants/vendors
• Work to understand each role in the dairy to provide support and understand processes, procedures, and areas for improvement
• Attend training opportunities to learn more and help advance the dairy
• Create an environment that promotes servant leadership, positive morale, and great performance
• Build alliances and partnerships throughout the organization
• Provide mentoring and guidance to team members to help address opportunities
Job Keywords: Dairy, cattle, cows, heifers, calves, production, management, problem solving, solutions, records, analysis, reproduction, nutrition, genetics, parlors, milk, milk flow, consulting
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Dairy Manager - Consultant job.