Crop Insurance Sales - KS
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Crop Insurance Salesperson to cover a territory along the Kansas and Missouri line. Many of the clients will come from both sides of the state line so travel into and covering Eastern Kansas and Western MO is essential. This is a great role for someone that is established in their career and wants to explore crop insurance sales. This would also be a good territory for a candidate that has a book of business in the territory. This is a newer area for this company but they do have a connection to the area currently and want to expand that connection.
What's in it for you:
• Great company to work for that will offer a very solid salary, benefits and commission plan.
• Have a territory that will expand through Eastern Kansas and Western Missouri.
• No real boundaries at this point for growth.
• Ability to be self directed and work mostly out of your house and vehicle.
What you will be doing:
• The qualified candidate for the crop insurance sales role will be calling on growers throughout a territory in Kansas and Missouri selling crop insurance for a leader in the industry.
• One will also be working out of a home office and/or vehicle office covering a territory.
• This is not a position for someone that cannot handle rejection. This is a sales role and this person will have to grow the relationships and grow the business which takes time and dedication but will have a good payoff in the end.
• This crop insurance role will be working with a team of other agents (not in the area) that have been in the business for a number of years, so working as a team is huge with this company.
• Working with growers on yearly plans and budgets.
A successful candidate for this Crop Insurance Sales position will possess the following:
• Willingness to cold call on growers in a territory in Western Missouri and Eastern Kansas.
• Working with growers on crop planning and putting together a solid insurance plan for the year.
• Teamwork is a must in this role. Many of the other agents talk daily on what is happening in the country. This is a team atmosphere.
• Understanding of how grain origination works and have some understanding of the grain markets in general.
• Possibly understanding the agronomic side of ag will be helpful in this role.
• A friendly and customer oriented demeanor.
Compensation: The compensation range will vary depending on the qualifications of the candidate, but one should expect to be in a range from $55,000 to $75,000.
Benefits: The Crop Insurance Sales role will offer a very good salary and benefits package to a qualified candidate.
Desired Location: The desired location for the Crop Insurance Sales candidate will be along the Kansas/Missouri line. Either in Kansas or Missouri, it does not matter as long as you are willing to travel the territory.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Crop Insurance Sales job.