Business Development Manager - Kentucky/Tennessee
Ag 1 Source is looking for a motivated candidate to take the sales of this organization"s world-class line of crop inputs to the next level. This role is part of a North American sales team that works with distribution partners, ag retailers, and key growers, to deliver innovative and high performing pesticides, adjuvants, and soil conditioners. Therefore, this is the ideal spot for anyone who wants to be a member of a nimble, customer-focused team that is passionate about bringing new and exciting products to agribusinesses across their territory.
What's in it for you:
• Be part of an exciting organization focused on bringing new products to the marketplace.
• Take your career to the next level by working directly with your distribution and retail sales teams to create new strategies to help them grow your sales and their revenue.
• Gain valuable experience by identifying new opportunities and driving sales.
What you will be doing:
• Partner with distributors to grow your effectiveness with senior management, marketing managers, sales reps, agronomists and growers to identify and drive market sales of new innovative products.
• Determine the product value proposition that supports the expansion and development of sales and new products throughout your market.
• Develop and deliver presentations to support sales, marketing, and research relationships.
• Manage and support product trial and demonstration activities in your area.
• Remain a leader in your marketplace by understanding your competition and staying current on emerging products and technology trends.
A successful candidate for the Business Development Manager position will possess the following:
• A Bachelor's or Masters in Agronomic, Agricultural, Horticultural, Plant/Crop Protection Science, Soil Science or related area.
• Deep technical competency in agronomic systems, practices, applications and the supporting technologies behind them.
• Strong technical and relationship communications skills (oral and written).
• Travel with 25% overnighting will be required (depending on location).
• Demonstrated ability to develop and test innovative approaches to new product and application.
• Proven ability to solve and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
• An inherent bias for action and achievement of challenging results, with the clear ability to initiate and sustain high levels of independent activity.
• An optimistic team player with the ability to make the team better.
Compensation: The target base salary for the role is $90,000-$110,000 with additional bonus potential.
Benefits: This role includes a 401k and match program with additional compensation for health benefits.
Desired Location: This territory is Kentucky and Tennessee, with a focus on the western half of each of those states, so the candidate must live in the region and be willing to travel throughout the market.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Business Development Manager job.