Agronomy Field Salesman, Eastern Virginia (VA)
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Agronomy Field Salesman for a solid client who will need to replace a retiring salesman. This opportunity is based in Eastern Virginia. This is a unique opportunity to step into a well-established business selling primarily direct to farmers. This role will be selling and servicing seed, chemical and fertilizer. We are looking for someone with experience selling direct to farmer"s ag inputs. This territory is well established but still has room to continue to grow, so we need to have someone who not only can provide excellent service to the current customers but have the drive an ambition to go out and get new clients. What"s in it for you:
• The opportunity to step into a well-established territory and work with the current rep for a seamless transition.
• The ability to work from home, travel across the area and be in charge of your own schedule.
• Work in an organization that can provide career growth if that is desired.
• Good benefit package, company vehicle.
• Minimal overnight travel What you will be doing:
• Building and maintaining customer accounts to generate demand and increase sales
• Plan and coordinate grower meetings
• Network with extension/university and other individuals to provide support through the geography
• Keep good records of your sales calls through their customer management software
• Manage complaints and other technical issues alongside of other support individuals from the organization A successful candidate will possess the following:
• Successful experience selling direct to farmers in the Eastern VA area
• Strong agronomic background with the crops grown in this region
• Minimum of a Bachelor"s degree or prior experience and success will trump the degree
• Strong computer skills
• Seasoned and successful sales track record
Compensation: This role will depend upon experience, but targeted base salary would be around $60-$80K with additional sales incentives
Benefits: Company Truck, solid insurance package, 401K match, phone, computer, etc.
Desired Location: This location is somewhat flexible, but Eastern VA from Richmond to Williamsburg would be the preferred location for this territory and its current customers.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, you are still open to exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred, and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Agronomy Field Sales job.