Ag Business Manager - NC
Ag 1 Source is seeking an Ag Business Manager in Northeast North Carolina to step in and manage a stable, solid team for an established ag business that is just preparing for an upcoming retirement. This isn"t a job for a recent grad. This is for someone with 5+ years of people and asset management in their background. Someone coming from managing any ag type business would be considered, but those with a background more focused in agronomy would be preferred. An understanding of production agriculture and working with farmers is also a plus.
What"s in it for you:
• Work for a well-established company and location with solid business today that needs someone to come in and learn the ropes and help transition a retirement.
• Work for an organization that is strong and respected in the industry and is not in flux or change, a stable organization.
• This is a smaller organization where one can truly feel like part of the team and know that their voice will be heard and their input matters.
What you will be doing:
• Managing the day-to-day schedules of 8-10 employees.
• Overseeing the budget of the location and working to continue to be profitable.
• Providing excellent customer service to the customer base.
• Possibly selling some yourself if that"s something you are interested in doing.
• Inventory management.
• Vendor management.
• Safety protocol management.
A Successful candidate for this Ag Business Manager position will possess the following:
• Prior business and/or operations management experience.
• Knowledge of the crops grown in this region.
• Drive and ambition to go out and make things happen, self-motivated.
• A bachelor"s degree or experience, preferably with 5+ years of management experience.
• Solid agriculture background and experience servicing farmers.
Compensation: The employer is targeting a base of $65K-$75K with a very nice profit bonus.
Benefits: This position provides a vehicle allowance, gas card, phone, computer, insurance and other benefits.
Desired Location: The Ag Business Manager will be located in Northeast North Carolina. More details to be disclosed upon discussion.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place. *Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Ag Business Manager job.