Do you have at least 10 years of experience in manufacturing or operations with a minimum of five years' in a key leadership position? Do you possess a Bachelor's degree in business, agriculture, or engineering? Do you understand P&L and balance sheets? Can you effectively forecast staff and resource needs based on an established budget? Are you an excellent communicator with the ability to lead and influence? If you said yes to these questions, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
This key role will oversee manufacturing operations at our Fresno, CA and San Joaquin, CA plants with a focus on environmental, health and safety (EHS), people development, quality, timely supply of products, and site cost management. The Plant Manager will lead in compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies, provide service and support to marketing and sales, and support the development and improvement of new and existing products. Further, this role will provide leadership to the Assistant Plant Managers, Operations Manager, and their teams at each plant.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of manufacturing practices
- Understand local market dynamics and impact on product offerings and services
- Can effectively forecast staff and resource needs based on budget
- Ability to understand P & L and balance sheet
- Effectively manage and lead Assistant Plant Managers, Operations Managers, and support staff
- Proficient with common business software and devices
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Bachelor's degree in business, agriculture or engineering or equivalent work experience required
- 10 years of experience in manufacturing or operations with 5+ years in a key leadership position
- Strong and visible leadership- Ability to quickly establish credibility and utilize strategic thinking to shape the team and strategic plan within the functional organization as well as in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders
- Impact and influence- Ability to influence, develop and maintain effective internal/ external relationships to facilitate change, with and without authority, and ensure cohesion across the organization. Able to promote and secure buy in from a cross-functional leadership team and peer groups within organization.
- Interpersonal effectiveness- is sensitive to different points of view and seeks to understand and resolve conflicts/issues in a constructive manner. Able to operate effectively and comfortably with different cultures, in strange and challenging situations and to direct and instruct in a respectful and polite manner
Key Personal Attributes:
- Ability to develop a team environment
- Customer service focus
- Commitment to performance development with direct reports
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, environmental stewardship, and EHS excellence
- Proven track record of effectively managing projects to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communicator
- Create a culture of continuous improvement; look for and implement process improvements.
- Foster a strong safety culture that focuses on "doing it safely or not at all"
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables:
- Provide support, leadership and supervision of employees, facilities and processes at each plant
- Build a culture around EHS in the workplace by establishing best practices in compliance with company policies and regulations
- Assemble and submit government reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Direct and manage quality control issues in purchasing, processing, packaging, transporting and warehousing
- Decrease cost and increase efficiencies to lower unit operating cost of production to increase ROA
- Coordinate the design, installation, operation and maintenance of production equipment
- Direct scheduling of production
- Contribute to the scale up of lab formulations to commercial production requirements
- Lead and direct employees to help them grow their skills in the daily operations of the facility; steward a positive work environment for employees
- Support and improve customer service for Wilbur-Ellis Company and third party sales; work productively and constructively with the Wilbur-Ellis Company?retail and distribution side of the business
- Lead in developing an environment of teamwork across all business functions in the company; communicate closely with the Director of Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Sales and Marketing teams on progress with activities of the facility and provide updates on issues concerning production, purchasing and supplies
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive employee health and retirement benefit offerings
Job Code: FERTI03361