Valent U.S.A LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sumitomo Chemical Company, Limited, engages in the development, registration, sales and marketing of integrated technological solutions for crop production and pest management that deliver value for our customers and stakeholders. A leading crop protection firm serving the agricultural and non-crop products markets in North America, Valent products help growers produce safe and abundant food and fiber crops, and horticultural professionals improve the quality of life for their customers. The corporate motto, Products That Work, From People Who Care , describes the company's business philosophy. Valent seeks out and provides customers with innovative and effective solutions to their production challenges. Our vision is to be the best company delivering integrated solutions of biorational and traditional crop protection solutions to our customers. Valent is dedicated to creating a world that is healthier and more comfortable, and that has a sustainable abundance of quality, affordable food, helping crops to be the ultimate renewable resource. We are currently searching for an HR Business Partner to work with our HR Team in Walnut Creek, CA.
This role will serve as a consultant to management in the development, implementation and evaluation of key human resource services in the areas of talent acquisition and onboarding, training and development, performance management, employee relations and departure programs compliance while assuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations and company operating procedures. Will partner with business teams to identify business needs and will provide guidance regarding organizational design to meet business needs and assure stakeholder alignment and approval regarding organizational changes.
• Partner with managers in evaluating appropriate organizational design and structure to meet business needs.
• Provide counsel to managers in the identification of talent, succession plans, career development plans to assure a pipeline of talent for critical roles.
• Partners with management team to identify diverse talent sources, conduct interviews and provide selection input to managers, negotiate job offers for exempt and non-exempt positions. Efficiently coordinates interviews or oversees Recruiter in this activity.
• Provide guidance to employees and managers regarding compensation initiatives and adjustments to attract, retain and reward top talent. Work collaboratively with compensation manager/consultant to benchmark positions and make comp recommendations.
• Oversee the onboarding process including employee orientations, new hire paperwork, data accuracy and policy compliance in coordination payroll with support from HR Coordinator.
• Assists in the daily administration of Human Resources programs and services including answering questions, providing guidance and coaching teams to resolve employee issues.
• Provide guidance and counsel to managers in the preparation of organization realignment projects, assures alignment and approval, facilitates the preparation of communication plans and manages the exit/ realignment process.
• Conducts exit interviews with employees who have resigned, gathers insights and determines appropriate follow up.
• Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations with escalation to the Sr. Director of Human Resources when necessary. Facilitates resolution of employee relations issues considering business needs while advocating for employee.
• Identify training and development needs to meet business needs and share information with Training and Development Team to develop training plans.
• For area of business that the HRBP supports, facilitate the annual performance review process including the support of project plan, communications with managers and employees, coaching managers on preparing for the feedback discussions, and overseeing overall process to assure timely completion. This also includes the identification of top talent/high potentials throughout the businesses and maintaining the company system for tracking and reporting purposes.
• Manage the domestic and international employee relocation program with 3rd party administration company.
• May assist with preparation of immigration petitions, visa applications, green card applications and other required documentation.
• Develops company Human Resources communication materials.
• Creates reports to track Human Resources information to ensure accuracy of information.
• May assist in approving invoices for payment (including temporary employment agencies.
• Lead and/or participate on teams to execute HR projects that are aligned with company and HR goals and priorities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Typically, a BA/BS degree in Human Resources Management, Business or related field or equivalent, with 5-10 years of Human Resource generalist experience in the areas of employee relations, talent acquisition, compensation and coaching business teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to influence outcomes, and ability to handle sensitive matters with diplomacy and professionalism
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects effectively
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & effectively prioritize activities
• Proficient in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
• Proficient in HRIS systems (ADP Workforce Now and Sign Now a plus.)
• Must be able to effectively interpret and analyze data
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability and willingness to travel (including by air and auto)
Sumitomo Chemical Company, a 20 billion dollar business, includes over 100 subsidiaries and affiliates operating in five business sectors - petrochemicals and plastics, IT-related chemicals, pharmaceuticals, energy & functional materials, and health & crop sciences - and supplies a broad range of products for global markets. Sumitomo Chemical was thus founded as a company that sought to solve environmental problems while at the same time aiming to contribute to the development of agriculture. Sumitomo Chemical Company conducts research & development to invent new chemistry in agricultural chemicals and new applications of existing chemicals and functional fertilizers in order to provide productive and environmentally friendly crop protection agents and labor-reducing farm technologies. www.sumitomo-chem.co.jp/english/ir/index.html.