Position Purpose: Responsible for coordinating on farm and satellite center work, setting up work areas, assisting veterinarians chute side, search for and processing oocytes and embryos, and other daily lab activities. Ideally, candidate will be located within 1 hour of Ames, Iowa.
- Coordinates and schedules trips on farm and to Trans Ova satellite centers.
- Grooms relationships with Trans Ova clients, including following up and calling on clients.
- Assists veterinarian in preparing work area and in the collection of embryos and oocytes and transfer of embryos.
- Prepares media and dishes for searching, holding, washing, freezing, and shipping.
- Rinses, searches, washes, and accurately grades oocytes and embryos according to company and IETS standards.
- Freezes in vivo embryos for storage in liquid nitrogen.
- Prepares oocytes for and coordinates shipping to regional IVF lab.
- Labels straws, canes and goblets according to Trans Ova policy and IETS protocol.
- Maintains efficient, clean laboratory techniques and follows lab protocol.
- Maintains a daily log of temperatures, lot numbers, and other appropriate information.
- Maintains embryo inventories and monitors tank nitrogen levels.
- Data entry of oocyte collections and ET forms.
- Review and records results accurately.
- Keeps accurate supply inventory and reorders when needed.
- Communicates openly and honestly with team members and supervisor.
- Follows Trans Ova’s policies and procedures
- Maintains a professional image reflective of Trans Ova’s industry position.
- Actively seeks new business opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
B.S. in Animal Science, Biology, or other Science related field, or 2 year Vet Tech Degree.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Ability to travel with occasional overnight stays.
- Ability to work long days when necessary.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and look through a microscope.
- Willing to relocate to within 1 hour of Ames, Iowa
- Must have valid driver’s license and be able to operate a company vehicle.
- Excellent communication and client service skills.
- Data entry and computer skills.
- Detail and efficiency oriented with a high level of accuracy.