This position is responsible for maintaining and expanding a sales territory in the Red River Valley area. Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Sales Representative establishes and executes a sales strategy, which maintains and grows client relationships within the territory.
Essential Job Functions
- Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships.
- Prepares credit paperwork to activate and maintain contract services.
- Manage account services through quality checks and other follow-up.
- Identify and resolve client complaints.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to complete sales.
- Develop and implement special sales activities to reduce stock.
- Perform random soil sampling of each field within the territory every 3 to 4 years and prepare for analysis.
- In order to evaluate the nutrient management program, monitor plant response to nutrient application on a regular basis.
- Evaluate farm nutrient levels from soils, plants, and manures and integrate into a nutrient management strategy.
- Stay abreast of current agronomic and pesticide information through meetings and publications.
Education & Experience
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
- College Degree or Equivalent Experience
- 1-5 Years of experience in the Agricultural Industry
- Valid Driver's License
Job Post Date: 11/11/19