You will help transform digital agriculture by:
In your role as a Digital Developer, you will be part of the Syngenta Digital business, working within the Digital Development and Labs team, responsible for Full Stack development across multiple lab initiatives, delivering POCs (Proof of Concepts), MVPs (Minimum Viable Products). You will be working with the Crop Protection and Seeds delivery organization as well as Syngenta Digital to address all digital product demands on a global and regional basis.
You will support management for multiple development systems and standards, working with peers across Lab geographies, driving the formation of functional and scalable environments while mentoring analysts and interns, ensuring quality control and timely delivery.
- Work closely with lab tech lead and global counterparts to support strong, agile and scalable technical infrastructure across Digital Development and Labs teams.
- Build & support of the digital products required by Syngenta Digital
- Support for Technical stack of each product
- Support local and global standards for Technology stacks. Includes AWS, DevOps, Testing, Coding Standards
- Must have: NodeJS + NPM, Express, Web services, RESTful principles, Docker.
- Should have: NOSQL experience, ElasticSearch
- Nice to have : exposure & understanding of JSON-LD, Python
- Good understanding of data structures and ETL
- Knowledge of RDF a bonus but not important
- Knowledge CI / CD automation
- Working in an AWS environment
- Terraform automation scripting a bonus
- Experience with testing methods (TDD, BDD) and test automation tools.
- A broad knowledge of tools, frameworks and technologies related to designing, implementing, deploying (CI/CD) and hosting software services
Critical knowledge and Education
- University undergraduate and/or advanced degree in IT, Engineering, Computer Science, or other relevant educational experience.
Experiences to be Gained
- Fast paced, vibrant environment, incubating ideas from scientists, farmers and commercial teams
- Developing innovative software solutions and integrating them into the Syngenta's infrastructure
- An opportunity to work on a wide range of technologies and projects - IoT, mobile app, web apps, big data, robotics, and more