Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Controls the quality of mother-stock plants, harvested URC's and acts as a controller for entry and exiting material.
- Supervision of all staff in the cold store, ensuring all staff within the unit strictly adhere to protocols at all times
- Assures proper staff rotation and breaks to comply with cold store HSE rules.
- Performs quality entry control of random bags, assuring that incoming TC/URC meet the required standards (profile, inner quality, phyto).
- Prepares Quality reports for both incoming and exiting plant material, and provides them to Quality Assurance, Head Grower, Site Manager, Suppliers and Cuttings Operations.
- Prepares Quality reports for mother-stock plants and provides them to Quality Assurance, Head Grower, Site Manager, Suppliers and Cuttings Operations.
- Assures communication Quality wise between teams and Quality Assurance.
- Inspects quality of the work in the greenhouses, to achieve desired targets.
- Communicates and ensures the group follows the procedures and work instruction.
- Committed to the HSEQS standards of Syngenta and ensure all staff follows procedures using appropriate PPE at all times - be a 'pole' for promoting best practices.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the farm to develop better working practices in all areas focusing on improving HSEQS as well as efficiencies at all times
Experience in Quality Control
High School diploma or equivalent, college education (preferably Agronomical)
- Portuguese language
- English Language (desirable)
- Plant knowledge
- Non smoking
- "Hands on" profile
- "Can do" attitude.
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Able to identify problems and offer solutions
- Good sense of analysis
- Able to supervise and work without supervision
- Strong people leader & developer - Motivates and inspires subordinates
- Ability to engage people - establishes good interpersonal relations
- Flexible and mobile (own car and driver's license)
- Available for weekend services