Scoular is an employee-owned $6B agribusiness leading the way since 1892. We buy, sell, store, handle and process grain and ingredients by leveraging our global networks and expertise in international trade and transportation. Employing more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North America and Asia, we provide safe and reliable solutions to farmers, grain processors, renewable energy producers, and manufacturers of animal feed, aquafeed, pet food, and food, beverage, and supplements. Our deep involvement in the global agricultural supply chain gives us the ability to quickly assess market needs and identify opportunities for growth and innovation.
The Foreman ensures that the Scoular equipment and physical assets are always in safe condition and good working order. This position supervises a crew of employees, prioritizes work, and provides guidance and direction to workers on daily operations. The person in this role may participate in maintenance projects and will oversee workflow for efficiency and operations productivity. The Foreman ensures safety is a top priority for all location employees and will follow all company safety programs and policies.
In performing their responsibilities, employees are expected to perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers, work effectively as a team contributor and independently while understanding the necessity for communication with other employees and throughout Scoular.
• High School or GED education or more than 3 years of related experience or training
• Effective communication and problem solving skills
• Good hearing to hear bells, alarms and telephonic equipment
• Mechanical aptitude
• Experience in the operation of grain conveying equipment, tractors, trucks and other portable grain handling equipment
• Ability to operate mechanical equipment such as a belt lift or other equipment commonly used at a grain elevator.
• 1+ years of supervisory experience
• Experience at servicing equipment and other equipment maintenance
Physical environment/working conditions
• Drug-Free Workplace (for more information See the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988 or your location’s Federal Workplace Poster)
• Scoular is an at-will employer. Employment is considered voluntary for employees and employers.
• This is a full time job that will require occasional overtime.
• Conditions can include: hot summer temperatures (90 – 120 degrees), cold winter temperatures (below freezing – subzero) and windy conditions (in excess of 40 MPH)
• Work for long periods of time without smoking tobacco
• Must be able to work in an environment with high levels of grain dust.
• Must be able to bend and reach in normal range of movement.
• Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds several times per day.
• Must be able to remain standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
• Must be able to climb ladders of various heights.
• Must be able to work in confined / tight spaces.
• Must be able to perform strenuous physical labor at times in excess of two hours.
• Must be able to wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (i.e. hardhat, safety glasses, respirators, etc.)
• Must be able to remain free from illegal drugs.
• Must be willing to be subjected to random drug testing at any time.
|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|