Requisition ID : 2672
JOB TITLE: Regional Parts Sales Manager
REGION: Saskatchewan/Manitoba (Yorkton, Moosomin, Preeceville, Shoal Lake, Dauphin, Russell, Tisdale)
REPORTING TO: General Manager, Parts
The key focus of this position will be revenue growth, margin growth, marketing programs, and training and people development, across the part departments of their regional branches of RME. The Regional Parts Sales Manager, Parts will be expected to implement an operating, sales and marketing strategy that is designed to meet the aggressive goals and objectives set by the GM of Parts in regards to parts sales, customer service, turns, gross profit, obsolete inventory, and market share. This individual should manage with a highly visible, hands-on approach and provide the leadership and vision to fuel the growth of the parts division within their region.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Implement a territory parts business plan for the branches by helping to identify and evaluate all current and new parts business growth opportunities.
- Deploy actionable plans that improve the profitability of branch parts department.
- Drive Parts Managers to improve Customer Satisfaction Index scores with deployment of targeted training and best practices in conjunction with training and development.
- Assist Parts Managers in establishing key customer relationships with targeted contact management and on-site customer visits.
- Gather market intelligence for corporate parts marketing development.
- Support parts managers in identifying and leveraging key strategic accounts
- Provide input for corporate reports and forecasts for executive management reporting.
- Coordinate and potentially conduct training programs and seminars for parts staff in order to advance the effective use of company parts initiatives.
- Work with the parts managers to develop their individual selling strategies, including their organization and planning skills, and align those strategies with the larger corporate goals.
- Work with the parts managers to evaluate distribution channels and target new customers.
- Work with the marketing personnel to develop aggressive and innovative marketing programs.
- Ensure that product pricing is competitive and delivers the profit margins required to run a successful parts business.
- Ensure that the company implements information, accounting, and inventory control systems to properly support the parts business.
- Provide input for corporate reports and forecasts for management reporting as necessary.
- Employee must adhere to all Occupational Health and Safety Standards. The company is committed to the protection and wellness of its employees.
Job Requirements and Qualifications Include:
- Solid knowledge of technical aspects of agriculture and industrial equipment.
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong understanding of:
- Parts department pricing & matrix
- Part types (competitive, captive, & obsolete)
- Parts marketing activities
- Parts selling tools
- Inventory valuation
- Piece ranking reports
- Loss sales reports
- Parts department expenses
- Asset turnover
- Inventory control
- Methodology for reducing obsolete or excess stock inventory freight
We offer a competitive salary, benefits including health and dental coverage, personal days, and an employee stock option plan that allows employees to contribute to an RRSP or Non-RRSP account that will be invested in RMDI stock.