At Richardson International, being truly invested is at the heart of everything we do. Richardson is recognized as a global leader in agriculture and food processing and has more than 2,500 employees across the U.S., Canada and the U.K.
Our Memphis, TN location refines and packages one of the United States’ most recognized brands of canola and vegetable cooking oils, Wesson.
Richardson Oilseed is one of Canada’s oldest and largest fully-integrated oilseed processing and packaging operations with four facilities across the U.S. and Canada. In addition to producing bulk canola oil and meal, our food products division produces a wide variety of canola-based margarines, oils and shortenings for the industrial, retail and food service markets. At Richardson, we are committed to enhancing our facilities and services and investing in our people and communities.
Working with Richardson opens the door to a world of possibility. We currently have an opportunity in our Packaging Team at our Memphis, TN facility.
- Understand and comply with all workplace health and safety requirements, company policies and procedures and general workplace rules.
- Participate in the day to day health and safety program by working in a safe manner at all times:
- Always using the required personal protective equipment
- Ensuring that authorized work is completed safely
- Utilizing required controls to prevent risk of exposure to hazards;,
- Participating actively in incident investigations, training, and other health and safety initiatives.
- Reporting all unsafe acts and conditions and all incidents, near misses and workplace injuries/illnesses as per company procedure.
- Operate, monitor and troubleshoot automated packaging and related equipment in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Ensure quality standards are met through samples at required intervals and perform related actions.
- Set up equipment for production and ensure all necessary materials are available, replenish as needed per production requirements.
- Perform visually inspections of production and document results
- Determine and report malfunctions to the appropriate parties
- Operate and monitor all packaging and related equipment and control systems.
- Ensure each process is operated within the given range of parameters.
- Complete all logs and related paperwork in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Assist in basic preventative maintenance procedures of equipment and basic general housekeeping standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule and overtime when needed
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively
- Understand instruction and follow direction
- Work in a primarily in a warm to hot environment.
- Previous experience within a high-speed industrial environment and / or knowledge of industrial technology a plus.
- Must have the ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds, reach above head height, squat, kneel, bend and reach
- Must have the ability to stand and walk for long periods of time/
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Maintain clean and safe work area at all time
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
Richardson International provides an excellent compensation package consisting of competitive salary, pension, a flexible benefits plan and training and career development opportunities.
Interested candidates should click the Apply icon to apply online.