We are looking for a reliable Assistant Controller to assist in day-to-day operations in a fast-paced company, and preparing statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of a controller. You will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up control systems.
An effective assistant controller has good knowledge of accounting principles. You must be organized with a great eye for detail. You must be reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively.
The goal is to contribute to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting and control. You will report to the controller.
Assistant Controller Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting etc.)
- Assist in the ongoing internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
- Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly and annual closing
- Participate in preparation for the annual review
- Assist in development of reports for management
- Review the company s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Utilize accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements of the Farming industry
- Experience in agriculture or farming industry strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes, adaptable to learning our general ledger program
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Proficient in MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize, and function in a fast paced environment
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field is preferred
Peterson Farms' offices are located in Loretto, Kentucky, about 60 miles south of Louisville, and about 70 miles southwest of Lexington.