New-Life Mills, a division of Parrish Heimbecker, is an exciting place to develop and grow a career in agriculture and agricultural processing that supports Canadian producers of poultry and livestock as well as producers who grow and sell their crops to global markets. A family-owned Canadian company with deep roots in grain trading, flour milling, animal feed production and live animal management, New-Life Mills has been serving the needs of livestock and poultry producers for more than 50 years. PH has invested and matured in the agricultural landscape over 100 years. With more than 60 locations coast to coast, PH offers you a unique opportunity to make your mark in a growth-oriented company with a variety of business segments.
Our success comes from a well-established network of assets, ongoing infrastructure development and the strong business relationships we nurture with farmers and suppliers. Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com or www.newlifemills.com.
Ruminant Nutrition Manager
The Ruminant Nutrition Manager will report directly to the Manager of Nutrition Technical Integration Group and will be responsible for the development and maintenance of all ruminant feed formulation, program and market strategies (dairy, beef, goat and sheep) serving our five locations within Canada. The Ruminant Nutrition Manager will manage and maintain the economic competitiveness of our ruminant feed formulations working closely with other members of the NTI Group, Purchasing, Mill Operations and the Ruminant Sales Team to ensure market growth and development.
As the Ruminant Nutrition Manager you will ensure the development, delivery, maintenance and evaluation of a continual improvement based technical training and support program for the ruminant sales team. This will include in-class and in the field sessions, requiring periodic travel with team members, regular technical skills workshops, presentations, articles and or technical bulletins for both internal and external customers.
All efforts will have at their core the health and welfare requirements of the various livestock groups, the economic requirements of the market in which we operate, the performance expectations of the customers we serve, as well as the strategic objectives of the Company.
• A demonstrated history in leading a team(s) in the achievement of their objective
• Extensive experience and a high degree of comfort with Formulation Optimization software
• Extensive experience and a high degree of comfort working with Forage, Feed Quality Analysis and Ration Balancing Programs
• Extensive knowledge, understanding and awareness of the impact of ingredient availability on formulation (establishment of protocol(s) for usage of Multi Blend tool maximizing performance thru implementation of formulation swing factors)
• Support of QA/QC program, review of lab data as it impacts nutrient profiles of ingredients for regular updating
• Support (as applicable) of regulatory compliance initiatives and Feed Assure program
• Experience in and talent for assisting and supporting the development of marketing materials, staff training materials and features and benefits information as pertains to the various commercial feeding programs
• A proven capacity to effectively and cooperatively interact with and assist staff from feed manufacturing facilities in addressing ingredient availability, re-works, substitutions, ingredient usage / restriction, feed quality, quality assurance / quality control and plant efficiency and thru put considerations
• As a key member of the Ruminant Research and Development Committee you will steer the direction of projects and the compilation of research results, analysis of outcomes and the reporting and recommendations of the group
• Representation of the company in industry where appropriate (Poultry Industry Council, OABA, ANAC, etc.)
Qualifications: Consideration will be given to individuals with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• An advanced degree in ruminant nutrition with preference given to PhD
• 5 10 years practical experience in dairy nutrition and the feed industry
• Experience with applied animal research and product development
• Superior command of the Microsoft Office Suite of software products
• French language skills ideal
New-Life Mills, a division of Parrish Heimbecker, Limited is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, New-Life Mills is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from men, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.