Parrish Heimbecker, Limited (PH) is a Canadian, family owned agri-business, with roots in the agriculture industry dating back over 100 years. Founded in 1909, PH is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically-integrated with operations spanning across grain trading, handling and merchandising, as well as crop inputs, flour milling and feed mills.
With over 60 locations spanning from coast to coast, and trade links around the globe, PH supports Canadian producers and food manufacturers who grow and sell their crops and baked goods to domestic and international markets. Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com
Reporting to the Vice President of National Operations, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that all departments operate efficiently on day to day operations, with particular attention to health safety, quality, and maintaining strong relationships with our employees and customers. This position requires flexibility in travel and possible relocation in the next 6-12 months which would be within an approximate 50 km radius of the Cambridge Head Office.
• Ensure the flour mill runs at high level of performance with top quality finished product
• Responsible for managing the overall daily production
• Ensure safe working practices are adhered to, training on various Health Safety policies is conducted and working closely with the Health and Safety Committee
• Directly supervises all department supervisors and managers
• Ensure full compliance with HACCP/BRC and customer quality requirements and audits
• Work with sales staff on new products
• Follow up on customer concerns
• Ensure positive communications and relationships with employees.
• Enforce a high level of sanitation and housekeeping throughout the plant and premises
• Ensure capital improvements and projects are developed and completed
• University degree in business or related area is required
• Completion of IAOM and/or NABIM Flour Milling course is an asset
• 5 to 8 years experience in a food manufacturing environment
• Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills with proven ability to coach and develop employees.
• 3 to 5 years experience working and dealing with a unionized work force.
PH is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request