New-Life Mills, a division of Parrish Heimbecker is an exciting place to develop and grow a career in agriculture and agricultural processing that supports Canadian producers of poultry and livestock as well as producers who grow and sell their crops to global markets. A family-owned Canadian company with deep roots in grain trading, flour milling, animal feed production and live animal management, New-Life Mills has been serving the needs of livestock and poultry producers for more than 50 years. PH has invested and matured in the agricultural landscape over 100 years. With more than 60 locations coast to coast, PH offers you a unique opportunity to make your mark in a growth-oriented company with a variety of business segments.
Our success comes from a well-established network of assets, ongoing infrastructure development and the strong business relationships we nurture with farmers and suppliers. Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com or www.newlifemills.com.
Are you searching for a career that will challenge your practical skills while requiring you to intellectually work through problems and tasks in a production environment? We are seeking highly skilled individuals who will play a key role in efficiently and effectively maintaining the equipment and production environment in our 24 hour, 7 day facilities. You are part of a maintenance team who work on a rotating master schedule, promoting work life balance.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be able to execute a preventative maintenance program, troubleshoot, and identify problematic equipment, and develop solutions which will allow production to capitalize on efficiencies, minimize downtime due to equipment breakdown, and fulfil the daily production requirements. You will work collaboratively with the Operations Manager and Plant Leadership team to ensure continuous operation at our state of the art feed manufacturing facilities.
• Ability to follow, maintain and update a preventative maintenance program
• Working knowledge of industrial mechanics
• Electrical experience
• Adept at recognizing and defining mechanical issues
• Ability to perform water quality analysis and boiler maintenance
• Problem Solving
• Ability to proactively forecast part requirements and order accurately
• Abide by all safety rules and company health and safety policies
• Minimum 3 years experience working in a maintenance position, preferably in a manufacturing or production environment
• Preference given to applicants with a Millwrighting or Electricians Ticket
• High School Diploma is required and post-secondary education is an asset
• Experience working in a feed mill, would be considered an asset
• Ability to work 10 hour shifts, which would include every second weekend
• Ability to be on call for evening and night emergency repairs
• Can work independently and in a team environment
• Effective time-management skills with ability to meet deadlines, and achieve targets in a team environment
• Ability to understand and follow written and oral instruction
New-Life Mills, a division of Parrish Heimbecker, Limited is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, New-Life Mills is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from men, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.