Parrish Heimbecker, Limited (PH) is a Canadian, family owned agri-business, with roots in the agriculture industry dating back over 100 years. Founded in 1909, PH is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically-integrated with operations spanning across grain trading, handling and merchandising, as well as crop inputs, flour milling and feed mills.
With over 60 locations spanning from coast to coast, and trade links around the globe, PH supports Canadian producers and food manufacturers who grow and sell their crops and baked goods to domestic and international markets. Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com.
Grain Marketing Coordinator
Working under the guidance of the Director of Merchandising the Grain Marketing Coordinator will support all buying initiatives necessary to meet PH procurement objectives. The MC will work closely with Logistics/Transportation and the Merchandising Department to maximise efficiencies for the overall PH grain procurement program.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Assist Elevator staff and identify grain opportunities to increase country grain handle
• Coordinate shipping schedule with Elevator Managers and the Logistics department
• Understand Merchant programs and apply to grain operations and origination
• Monitor elevator inventory, producer contracts, logistic execution
• Review country budgets both weekly and monthly and identify areas of opportunity
• Minimum three years of grain industry experience
• Experience in Grain Origination is an asset
• Post-secondary education in agriculture or business is an asset
• Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven, results oriented environment
• Well versed in Microsoft suite word, excel, and outlook
PH is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request