Parrish Heimbecker, Limited (PH) is a Canadian, family owned agri-business, with roots in the agriculture industry dating back over 100 years. Founded in 1909, PH is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically-integrated with operations spanning across grain trading, handling and merchandising, as well as crop inputs, flour milling and feed mills.
With over 60 locations spanning from coast to coast, and trade links around the globe, PH supports Canadian producers and food manufacturers who grow and sell their crops and baked goods to domestic and international markets. Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com.
Wilson Siding (Lethbridge, AB)
Reporting to the Western Regional Manager, the General Manager of Wilson Siding will oversee the continuous and profitable movement of products in and out of the facility, and provide overall management, coaching and delegation to all staff members. The General Manager will be accountable for the overall operation and success of the facility, customer experience and compliance with applicable health and food safety regulations.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Overseeing the binning, blending and grading of grain Maintaining compliance with all food safety documentation (i.e. HACCP, C-TPAT) Monitoring and maintaining proper profit and loss and inventory management Quality reporting and sales projections Monitoring market developments and competition Providing management and coaching to staff and general human resource management Managing preventative maintenance program Annual facility budgeting and planning PL responsibilities Customer service and public relations
• 5-7 years involvement in the operation of a grain elevator facility
• Diploma or Degree in business, agriculture or certification in a related trade
• Certified Crop Advisor, P. Ag., or related designation an asset
• Previous experience in a management position
• Previous experience in customer relations and sales
• Knowledge of threats to storing grain and oilseed
• Knowledge and understanding of the grain business, markets, pricing, world trends
• Strong decision-making and problem solving skills
• Ability to lead, coach, and mentor staff
• Ability to delegate
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
PH is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.