Parrish Heimbecker, Limited (PH) is a Canadian, family owned agri-business, with roots in the agriculture industry dating back over 100 years. Founded in 1909, PH is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically-integrated with operations spanning across grain trading, handling and merchandising, as well as crop inputs, flour milling and feed mills.
With over 60 locations spanning from coast to coast, and trade links around the globe, PH supports Canadian producers and food manufacturers who grow and sell their crops and baked goods to domestic and international markets. Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com.
General Labourer - Seasonal
This is a Seasonal position beginning in February/March and ending in December, but may lead to permanent employment.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Grain loading/unloading
Assist in loading/unloading of trucks. Assign commodities to storage locations in operating system; retain processing and shipping samples for customers. Follow loading instructions and forms.
• Grain grading
Perform mechanical separation of foreign material, moisture analysis and quality specification. Compare grain to CGC standards and customer specifications and make determination on shipping specification.
• General duties
• Handling of fertilizer
• Assist with maintenance and cleaning of facility.
• Assist with general elevator operations.
• Provide excellent customer service and abide by shipping schedule.
• Identify and troubleshoot problems with equipment and machinery.
• Grain handling and storage knowledge an asset
• Grain grading experience and sample collection is an asset
• Must have basic computer skills
• Experience in Customer service
• Must be able to work independently and in a team
• Must be able to work extended hours
• Must have and maintain a valid drivers license and have the ability to travel independently
• Must be able to lift and handle a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Must be able to get in and out of, and operate all required vehicles and equipment
• Must be able to work in outdoor conditions with extremes in seasonal weather patterns will apply.
You can apply online or drop off a resume at our grain elevator to the attention of Jeremy Giret at 39648 Carmel Drive, Centralia.
PH is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.