Holden Farms strives to be the most progressive, innovative, and collaborative pork producer in the nation. At Holden Farms we pride ourselves on teamwork, personal growth, and opportunity. If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding career and enjoy working with animals check out Holden Farms today!
Title: Farrow Lead
Description:Farrow Barn Manager reports to Sow Farm Manager and provides leadership to Farrow Barn team members to reach farm and company goals.
Hours:Generally - Monday-Friday 6:30am-4:00pm; times may vary based on business needs
Rotating Weekend and Holiday Schedule Required.
Compensation:Hourly, competitive based on experience, quarterly bonuses, plus we offer an excellent benefits package
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate and promote Holden Farm’s core values and goals to employees
- Provide leadership to Farrow Barn team members and assist in new hire training
- Assist Farm Manager in implementation of new ideas, and changes to obtain desired results
- Caring for and handling of sows and piglets
- Feeding and checking waters
- Monitor and assist sows during farrowing
- Provide Day 1 Care for piglets i.e. monitor and ensure newborns receive colostrum, clean piglets and adjust heat lamps
- Monitor and treat sows as needed by administering vaccines and medicines
- Perform piglet processing duties, such as, tattooing, clipping tails, castrating, and giving iron shots
- Cleaning facilities and power washing (prepare rooms, wash, and set up)
- Pre-Farrow/Post Farrow sow movements, and shipping/receiving of animals
- Keeping detailed and accurate records
- Understand and follow Holden Farms Biosecurity Program
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interest in working with animals with a desire to learn and self-develop
- Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to lead others in high demand situations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Dependable and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand, walk and be on feet for 8 to 10hrs/day
- Ability to frequently bend, reach, squat and kneel
- Must have reliable transportation
- Medical and Dental
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) + Company Contribution
- Profit Sharing
- Short Term Disability/Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Free Hog Yearly
- Much More!
NOTE: This job description in not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Position may involve travel and non-standard business hours.