Chief Financial Officer
The CFO is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the corporation with generally accepted accounting principles in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Serves as member of the Board of Directors, Trustee of the 401(k) plan and management committees on special studies.
- Assists in preparation of operating and capital budgets.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO/President, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Determines insurance requirements and negotiates terms and cost of insurance coverage.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Attends all board meetings, records minutes of each and maintains corporate records.
- Assists president, chairman and Board of Directors in annual salary reviews and determination of annual salary increases.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contract into which the corporation may enter.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization.
- Reviews corporate tax returns.
- Authorizes and renews all required letters of credit.
- Maintains corporate stock records.
- Confers with Hitch Family members concerning their personal finances.
- Primary payroll and accounts payable check signer.
- Negotiates with and hires independent auditors.
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the controller and the indirect supervision of all employees in the accounting and finance department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor s degree in accounting and CPA certificate required. Minimum of 10 years experience and/or training. Agriculture-related experience is preferred.
Knowledge and capability of using basic Microsoft applications; ability and willingness to learn accounting and operations software.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current Certified Public Accounting Certificate recognized in Oklahoma.
- Valid driver license insurable by Hitch company insurance.
This is a largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open file cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position requires up to 25% travel. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change any time with or without notice.