Helena Agri-Enterprises, LLC, a national agricultural-chemical company, has an immediate opening for a Custom Applicator in our Specialty Division in Eastern Virginia.
Heavy equipment experience is a plus!
- High school diploma
- Experience in operating large equipment.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Agricultural background.
- Basic knowledge of Ag pesticides and weed identification.
- CDL and pesticide license.
- Excellent driving record.
- Ability to read field maps.
- Professional competence to safety.
- Ability to pass a CDL physical examination.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- In some state, municipalities, etc additional licenses or certifications may be required as per specific contracts.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, of feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Frequently is required to stand, sit and walk.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Climb or balance. Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must occasionally lift/move up to 100 pounds.
- Correctly makes recommendations for custom application pesticides and fertilizers to customer fields. Operates all applicator equipment and performs maintenance on that equipment.
- Supervises tender truck drivers for delivery and mixing of fertilizers and chemical to field applicators .
- Assists Branch Manager in the supervision of temporary seasonal employees.
- Recommends and applies pesticides and fertilizers by driving/operating various vehicles and equipment.
- Maintains accurate log books on applicated acres.
- Performs maintenance and calibration on application equipment.
- Follows up on weed control in sprayed fields.
- Ensures the wearing of proper protection equipment.
- Continues education for maintaining pesticide applicator license.
- Attends applicator equipment workshops.
- Performs maintenance on other equipment and fixed facilities.
- Pulls soil samples.
- Mixes fertilizer and chemicals.
- Picks up and delivers farm chemicals, fertilizer and seed.
- Makes sales calls to customers.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Reliable and regular attendance is expected.
- Occasionally works in wet, humid conditions.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, in high places, and is exposed fumes or airborne chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
We offer an excellent working environment and an outstanding compensation and benefits package.
Helena is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.