|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
PLEASE NOTE: We will not be able to reply to you if your resume does not meet the position requirements. There is NO closing date. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. You must be currently authorized to work in the US to be considered for this position.
MUST HAVE CURRENT DAIRY EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
- Employee supervision, management, training, and scheduling
- Understanding of factors that influence cattle health, reproduction, growth, and production
- Understanding of feeding systems
- Computer skills - Microsoft Excel and Word and Dairy Comp
- AI breeding and understanding of synchronization programs
- Cattle observation, physical exam, and diagnostic skills
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is representing a large dairy operation located in New York who is searching for well qualified Herd Manager with strong management and leadership skills to assist in overseeing the daily operation. The Herd Manager will be responsible for the health, reproduction and production of the herd and for the employees that work directly with the herd. Will oversee, schedule, train, and monitor the performance of herd staff personnel. Herd Manager is responsible for overseeing/performing AI breeding, synchronization and heat detection programs, and pregnancy checks. Must have strong herd health skill and be able to perform vaccine administration, mastitis treatment, dry treatments, hoof trimming, and footbath programs. Expected to oversee/perform fresh and sick cow observation, monitoring, and treatment. Will monitor and address issues with the cow environment ventilation, bedding, feed availability, stocking density, manure scraping, and cleanliness. Must maintain Dairy Comp and herd production records and recommend culling decisions.
Other responsibilities include;
- Oversee feeding program - monitor feeders, forage inventories, quality, and bunk faces, determine daily feed amounts, enter diet and dry matter changes - Oversee milking parlors and the milking supervisor and work with the milking supervisor on staffing, training, and milk quality goals
- Oversee the calf supervisor and work with the youngstock program on health, growth, and reproduction goals
- Work with contract heifer grower on health, growth, reproduction goals, and heifer movements
- Order supplies
- Create and update management spreadsheets
- Other duties as assigned
ALL INQUIRIES ARE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL. NO FEES TO APPLICANTS.
If you feel that you are not a candidate for this position, but know someone who is, we do offer a Referral Bonus if we place your referral into this position.
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION