JOB TITLE: Laborer-Yard
REPORTS TO: Manager Yard Maintenance and Assistant Manager Yard Maintenance
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, Ag exempt
FUNCTION: Assists in various maintenance/repair tasks around feed lot. Performs the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identifies/prioritizes necessary repairs through communication with management and review of job requests.
- Performs repairs to cable and bunk line; may assist in cleaning/repair of water tanks.
- Maintains facility appearance by painting or re-painting gates/pipe fence/pens, performing grounds keeping, and working in shop.
- May participate in yard construction, renovation and replacement projects.
- Complies with all applicable safety rules and policies.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Expected to conserve organizational resources, demonstrate knowledge of Company policy, adapt to changes in the work environment, exhibit sound and accurate judgment, observe safety and security procedures, and report potentially unsafe conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.