JOB TITLE: Night Watchman
REPORTS TO: Cattle Department Manager or Feed Department Manger
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt, Hourly
FUNCTION: Maintains safe and secure premises by monitoring and patrolling premises.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Secures premises by patrolling property, closing/locking designated gates, monitoring equipment, inspecting buildings (including office, barns, shop, hospitals, and mill), equipment, and access points.
- Watches for and reports irregularities such as stray cattle, fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and doors left unlocked.
- Sounds alarm or calls police, fire department, or yard management by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment for use of supervisory staff.
- Monitors water wells/tanks by observing gauges and interpreting readings.
- Receives incoming cattle by weighing, unloading, counting and penning.
- Reads feed bunks according to designated schedule by observing/recording estimate of remaining quantity of feed in bunk at different intervals throughout night.
- Distributes hay to incoming cattle as necessary by utilizing hay machine.
- Notifies appropriate supervisor by specified time in the event of rain/snow which may necessitate sweeping of bunks.
- Complies with all applicable safety policies and procedures.
- General knowledge of cattle handling.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- procedure manuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Expected to adapt to changes in the work environment, have the ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events, exhibit sound and accurate judgment, prioritize and plan work activities, set goals and objectives, observe safety and security procedures, and report potentially unsafe conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
Apply to this position
Job Post Date: 04/13/19