JOB TITLE: Mill Maintenance
REPORTS TO: Feedmill Manager and Assistant Feedmill Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, Ag exempt
FUNCTION: Ensures mill operation by inspecting machinery and performing maintenance/repair.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identifies and prioritizes mill maintenance by visually inspecting machinery for proper functioning (includes: electrical, batching, boilers and liquid tanks)
- Performs preventative maintenance by utilizing computerized work order system and carrying out maintenance tasks.
- Maintains maintenance records by documenting observations, work performed, and parts used.
- Maintains parts inventory by communicating parts needed and organizing parts.
- Schedules down time or after hours maintenance work and necessary contract work.
- Works in various capacities when another employee is absent or as necessary (may include: receiving, flaking, and loader operation).
- Participates in daily housekeeping, including cleaning and organizing mill work areas.
- Complies with applicable OSHA, FDA, and EPA regulations; maintains appropriate compliance records.
- Complies with applicable safety rules and policies.
- Understanding of electrical systems and boilers.
- Mechanical abilities
- Experience operating heavy equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers; ability to compute rate, ration, and percent.
Expected to coordinate projects, conserve organizational resources, demonstrate understanding of Company policy, adapt to changes in the work environment, exhibit sound and accurate judgment, observe safety and security procedures, and report potentially unsafe conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and high temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and is exposed to work in high, precarious places.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee is required to wear hardhat; eye, ear and respiratory protection daily.<
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
Apply to this position
Job Post Date: 05/05/15