As a member of the Plant Phenotyping and Characterization team, the senior research associate will independently conduct research laboratory activities related to plant phenotyping, molecular characterization, data management/analysis. The SRA will execute on experimental plans to test and evaluate candidates in planta that inform other teams for crop testing.
Work independently to execute on project goals consistent with research and business unit strategy
- Conduct experiments utilizing a model plant system to evaluate input trait leads
- Nucleic acid analysis, including extraction, purification, quantification
- Protein expression analysis using Western or Mass Spectrometry
- Collect, record, analyze and curate data in timely manner. Effectively document and communicate results
- Develop and implement various plant treatments and assays
- Identify and suggest method and process improvements
- Implement and monitor safe working practices
- Follow appropriate procedures for handling regulated plant material, chemicals and pests.
- Masters degree in plant biology, genetics, agriculture or biological sciences
- Practical knowledge of plant physiology, molecular biology and biochemistry techniques is required as well as experience with plant phenotyping
- Demonstrated ability for experimental design, planning and execution
- Proficiency to collect and assess data quality; attention to detail is crucial.
- Expertise on a wide array of computer software including MSOffice, image analysis
- Excellent communication and organization skills, the ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation and adaptability to change.
- Demonstrated skill to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.