Corteva Agriscience, is a world leader and supplier of plant genetics, to tackle important agricultural challenges and help secure a reliable and sustainable food supply across the world for years to come.
Our trait discovery team is seeking a candidate with membrane protein background to characterize and engineer proteins involved in insect-resistant traits in transgenic crop plants. The successful applicant will be working in a team environment with a focus on membrane bound proteins, particularly receptors involved in the signal transduction in insect cells. Additionally, there will be opportunities to apply structural biology techniques to membrane bound receptor proteins to understand the structure-function relationship.
- Develop and optimize protein purification and characterization protocols for a variety of membrane bound proteins;
- Design and execute experiment to understand interaction between membrane bound protein and insecticidal toxin by high-throughput screening;
- Development of functional assays on insect membrane proteins;
- Contribute to bioinformatics and structure-function relationship study to understand toxin and receptor interaction;
- Analyze and present data, both in written reports and oral presentations within the group;
- Maintain lab notebooks with detailed and timely recording of experimental data.
- A Masters degree in protein biochemistry with 2-5 years of laboratory experience with a focus on membrane protein characterization;
- Extensive experience in recombinant protein expression and strong protein purification techniques for membrane bound proteins;
- Familiarity with design and evaluation of protein-protein interaction;
- Knowledge of insecticidal toxin is desired;
- Experience with running surface plasmon resonance instruments (e.g. Biacore or Octet) is a plus;
- Knowledge of biophysical characterization and crystallography and/or Cryo-EM techniques of membrane protein is a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attentive to detail, and the ability to work independently in a dynamic team environment.