ABOUT THE ROLE:
Regional Manager, Communications ASEAN leads the internal and external
communications and engagement strategy in the ASEAN region (key markets: Indonesia,
Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand and Myanmar). This position in pivotal in ensuring employee
engagement and understanding of the companys business direction to foster strong company
values and positive morale. This role reports directly to the Corporate Communications Leader,
- Advises on and executes communications across the ASEAN region, ensuring consistency in messaging and branding while appealing to cultural nuances.
- Acts as a strategic and trusted local counselor and provides communications support (internal and external) to the ASEAN region commercial unit leader and leadership team.
- Provides brand management and communications governance and quality control in the region and ensures staff understanding and adherence to communications guidelines and protocols.
- Develops compelling internal messages, build internal communications channels and drives internal communications in the region so all employees remain connected and effectively informed.
- Conceptualizes the internal digital communications strategy for the region and implements/activates the digital communications plan across the region.
- Drives global brand positioning locally and maintains consistency of the Corteva brand identity in the region.
- Provides boots on the ground support to monitor and respond to issues and crisis.
- Develops and executes event plans, including internal town halls and external speaking opportunities for regional leadership team.
- Writes speeches, talking points and internal memos to support regional executive communications.
- Develops compelling and engaging multimedia content (news articles, infographics, images, video, presentations).
- Develops and implements thought leadership campaigns / content plan to proactively build the brand awareness of Corteva in the region.
- Builds media strategy (mainstream and social media), maintains media contact list, and writes / reviews op-eds, press releases, media alerts, and media statements to promote and position the company and its products in tier-one business and trade publications.
- Works with the local Senior Leaders to define and train local spokespersons for the region, following the same protocols and guidelines determined by the Communications Leader - APAC.
- Supports regional and global projects as assigned by Communications Leader - APAC.
- Minimum Bachelors degree required. Masters degree desirable in Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communications or Marketing.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in business and corporate communications with a multinational company, or relevant experience in a communications/PR/PA agency, government or trade association.
- Exceptional copywriting and spoken English skills, plus fluency in Indonesian or one other local language. Strong cultural sensitivity.
- Proven experience in employee and executive communications.
- Strong network of business media contacts and proven experience in handling issues / crisis communications.
- Proven experience building online communities and engagement campaigns with internal collaboration platforms like Yammer, Jive or Workplace.
- Experience managing key agencies and freelancers.
- Understanding of the institutional and legal framework across ASEAN (especially Indonesia), as it relates to public relations, media and communications issues.