|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
Corteva Agriscience is seeking highly motivated and productive protein biochemists to be part of our protein discovery team. As a protein biochemist within the Input Traits Discovery group, the candidate will be responsible for the isolation and characterization of various protein targets from diversity screening that possess insecticidal activities against a panel of damaging crop pests important for the business.
The successful candidate will be expected to identify, assess and develop new scientific concepts and/or technologies to provide solutions towards the discovery of novel toxin molecules. This is a hands-on role and will require management of multiple scientific, technical, or information projects, coordination with other scientists and support personnel to accomplish objectives.
- Design and carry out experiments aimed at discovery of novel bioactive leads via techniques of analytic biochemistry and molecular biology.
- Demonstrated ability to purify proteins using KTA systems and Unicorn software by using multitude of methods.
- Utilize FPLC chromatography with various resins / purification modalities including IEX, HIC, SEC, and affinity chromatography to purify native and tagged proteins.
- Analyze and characterize protein leads before and after purification with various computational and lab techniques, including collaborating with mass spectrometry researchers on protein identification.
- Keep abreast with relevant technical developments and actively solicit/pursue ideas from all sources, including academia, competitive intelligence and up-to-date literature.
- Demonstrate proficiency at data reporting, interpretation, and trending.
- Demonstrate good documentation skills about raw data recording and protocol authoring.
Competencies and Qualifications:
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION