CortevaAgriscience, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont has an excitingopportunity for an Production Specialist at our Lethbridgeproduction location. In this role,you will utilize your leadership skills by leading, coordinating and working inall positions of Plant Operations. You may assist Technicians in multipleproduction, warehouse, field and logistic areas on a single shift to ensurethat production goals are accomplished. You will also encourage andenforce safety operations on site. As a Specialist, you will be requiredto be flexible in your scheduled hours to best support an effective productionoperation. This may include variable start and end times, overtime, and weekendwork, potentially on short notice.
What you can expect from us:
Join a company that offers more than just the latest intechnology and innovation. Join a company that cares about your well-being andyour future. At Corteva, our employees enjoy a work-life balance withgenerous vacation, paid time off, holidays, leave (family, maternity,paternity, sickness and more). We offer a retirement savings plan withboth matching and automatic company contributions and medical, drug, dental,vision, HSA, FSA, Disability Employee Assistance with dependent coverage as well. Dont forget to take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement Program andmemberships to online communities for professional growth and development (freeaccess to all material on Lynda.com, CEB, and more!). Thrive in a globalcompany where the opportunities are endless and where your contributions make adifference.
What do we expect from you?
- Leadsand coordinates the activities of Warehouse Operations Technicians in multipleproduction areas on a single shift personally or through shift process leadersto ensure that the goals set by Production Supervisors are accomplished
- Regularlyand effectively communicates important information to team members and toProduction Supervisors
- Facilitatescommunication between team members and Production Supervisors
- Monitorsdaily warehouse activities and allocates resources to ensure time, quality,people treatment and safety commitments are met
- Ensurecleanliness and orderliness of the workplace
- Assistplanning capital or focused improvement projects, as well as workforce planning,development and scheduling
- Complete and maintain records, documents andreports
- Ensure direct materials are available for processorders
- Other duties as assigned
What do we need from you?
- 2 year diploma and/or 5 yearsof warehouse/supervisory experience
- Knowledgeof agricultural processes and/or agricultural background an asset
- Goodproject coordination skills
- ProficientPC skills including Microsoft Office
- Goodspelling, grammar, and business writing skills
- Mustbe organized, and possess good time management skills, and able to balanceseveral things at once
- abilityto work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellentcommunication and interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain internal andexternal relationships with customers
- Must beable to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities, and have excellentattention to detail
- Willing and able to lift up to 60 poundsand complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
- Willing and able to work overtime hours includingweekend work required during seasonal peaks and different shifts, as needed
- Willing and able to work both outdoors andindoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
- Certified LEAN Practitioner isan Asset
- Experience using SAP is anAsset
- Valid Class 5 License