Corteva Agriscience, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont has an exciting opportunity for an Analytical Specialist in our Pittsburg, California location.
The Analytical Specialist is the analytical subject matter expert for assigned plants and processes. This is a technical role. Within the site, the analytical specialist is responsible for providing support and improvements to assigned plants and processes in alignment with business/function/site analytical strategies. Support may include trouble shooting, method development, equipment predicative and breakdown maintenance, computer and lab information systems, and analytical project leadership using a wide-range of technologies. The analytical specialist is a member of the Pittsburg analytical team requiring both teamwork and self-directed responsibilities. The Specialist networks with the site analytical team and global R&D to achieve business goals in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Performs complex analyses using a variety of technologies (HPLC, GC, titrations, spectroscopy), including interpretation and reporting of analytical data
- Provides expertise and support for troubleshooting and repairing analytical equipment including LIMS, chromatography, and computer systems.
- Promotes the use of defined Analytical Work Process procedures and practices
- Collaborates with analytical team members to complete non-routine analytical requests. This may include coaching of analytical technicians, method development, or method execution depending on the nature of the request. It may also include routing analytical requests to another appropriate R&D or external service provider
- Optimizes analytical plans to create value for production
- Monitors and improves analytical system performance and capability
- Ensures that deviations from approved methods are identified and documented in accordance with global policies
- Network with other technical personnel to stay current with analytical and process technologies
- Responsible as analytical lead for quality improvement projects, problem resolution, and root cause investigations
- Implement new and replacement technology or analytical methods
- Validate and qualify new equipment and methods
- Assist in the development of capital plans
- Has understanding of process chemistry for supported plants
- Participates as required in material qualification and cost reduction projects that involve supported products.
- Provides technical assistance during off-hours to operations personnel for plant(s) as required
- Participates in department EH&S activities and complies with EH&S Policies
- Bachelor of Science or Master Degree in Chemistry (analytical or organic) is required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in industrial analytical chemistry Desired Skills: - Separations / Chromatography (GC/HPLC)
- Quantitative and qualitative mass spectrometry (both GC and HPLC)
- Total Organic Carbon (TOC)
- Spectroscopy (IR, UV)
- Experience with inorganic techniques are a plus
- Instrument and analytical method qualifications
- Define Research Problems, Literature Reviews, Define Hypothesis, Experimental Design, Conduct Experiments, Analyze Data, Deliver and Implement Solutions, and Document Results
- Ability to build effective relationships and network with colleagues across the site and global analytical organization
- Provide leadership in safety by setting the example to satisfy all safety and quality requirements
- Independently seeks and identifies project opportunities for analytical solutions to business problems
- Practical knowledge of statistical data analysis
- Good verbal and written skills (English)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at the same time (multitasking)