Corteva Agriscience has a rich history of scientific discoverythat has enabled countless innovations. Were looking for more people, in moreplaces, to collaborate with us to create a market-shaping, agriculture companywith leading positions in seed technologies, crop protection and digitalagriculture.
We need Soil, Plant, or Agronomic Data Scientists to collaboratewith visionary crop scientists, agronomists, plant breeders, and engineers tobuild digitally enabled science and business capabilities. Are you looking for an opportunity to use your data scienceskillset to contribute to our team and help us on our mission!?In this role, you will:
- Drive science focused solutions that to create digital agcapabilities and products to enhance value and efficiency for researchers, collaborators,and customers.
- Participate in the application of data science solutions forCortevas seed, crop protection, and digital product platforms.
- Identify, acquire, and engineer feature data sets and pipelineswith potential to address customer needs.
- Apply machine learning, statistical or mechanistic models andother computational approaches to extract insights from datasets in complexagronomic systems.
- Develop, prototype, and implement data pipeline and softwaresolutions with engineering and production teams.
- Conduct and communicate results of research on data scienceapproaches to improve decisions, add value to services, extend or improvein-house models and algorithms, and contribute to the advancement of theseideas into the marketplace.
- Uphold Corteva Agriscience Core Values at all times.
- Demonstrated experience using machine learning, data mining, statisticalmethodology, or simulation modeling in agronomic, breeding, environment, ordigital ag problems.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and a proven ability toindependently deliver analytic solutions by asking the right questions, findingor applying the correct domain knowledge, identifying necessary data sources,building predictive models, and producing actionable results.
- Proficiency in Python or R.
- Experience with geospatial and remote sensing data.
- Familiarity with cloud based or HPC systems and computation inlinux.
- Strong skills in building visualizations of scientific data.
- Proven ability to work in a team setting and ability to completecomplex projects on time and in budget.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
- An M.S. or PhD and demonstrated experience with quantitativeapplications in Soil, Biogeochemistry, Hydrology, Agronomy/Plant Sciences,Geography, Ecology, Climatology or related fields. Or conversely, you have anM.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or Statistics withdemonstrated Data Science applications in Agronomic or Natural sciences.
What will generate excitement:
- Experience in digital agriculture
- Product focused experience
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
Job Post Date: 01/12/19